San Francisco / Munich, 07 January 2015 – The club of the most innovative wearables worldwide have been selected by the international jury of the WT Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup. From June until November 2014 more than 500 developers and innovators from around the globe submitted their innovations in wearable technologies in the categories Sports & Fitness, Healthcare & Wellness, Gaming & Lifestyle, Safety & Security, and Smart Clothing. They will become the future stars in wearable technologies and will compete for the “WT Innovator of the Year”.
Andrea Onetti, General Manager Volume MEMS & Analog Division, STMicroelectronics is excited: “This year’s entries in the Wearables Innovation World Cup once again highlight the extraordinary breadth and depth of innovation occurring in wearable technology. It was incredibly difficult to narrow the field for the finalists from among the many great projects submitted. We believe these finalists represent the “Best of the Best” and are excited to see who the voters select from an exceptionally qualified slate ̶ all of which are winners.”
More than 20 nominated finalists will present their products at the official award ceremony at the WT Wearable Technologies Conference in Munich on 2 February and will compete to become the category winner or even the WT Innovator of the Year.
And here are the WT Wearable Technologies Heroes (in alphabetical order):
Sports & Fitness:
- Heddoko by Heddoko: first garment that sees movement in 3D
- Mio FUSE by Mio Global: heart rate training and activity tracker
- Myovolt by Sentrix Technology Ltd.: soft wearable module delivering targeted vibration energy to muscles
- Notch by Notch Interfaces Inc.: wearable 3D movement capture
- StretchSense by StretchSense Ltd.: stretch sensors for measuring human body motion
Healthcare & Wellness:
- BitBite by BitBite: hearable that tracks and improves eating habits
- dermoPatch by Feeligreen: medical device actively diffusing drugs through the skin
- UpRight by UpRight: devices to getting back in upright posture
- WEMU by Bioserenity: smart healthcare solution for the diagnosis and monitoring of epilepsy
- WinPack by Winmedical: modular device for comprehensive vital signs monitoring
Safety & Security:
- Baseband Technologies by Baseband Technology Inc.: battery friendly GPS receiver technology for wearable devices
- Ispopod by Ulocs: smart belt as sensor hub and full communication platform for protection of exposed persons
- Oncall Body Cameras by FireCam: enables emergency services personnel to stream live video, audio and GPS location
- ProGlove by First-Mile UG: sensor-based “smart glove” that can boost productivity for manufacturing jobs
- Tech Air Street by Alpinestar Inc.: airbag system for street motorcycling
Gaming & Lifestyle:
- COBI by COBI: smart connected biking system
- Lutetia and Omate X by Omate: smart watches
- Smart Festival Wristbands by Sendrato: smart festival wristbands
- TACTspace by Tactonics LLC: discrete, personal digital communication – sensory messaging
- WEES by Deus Ex Technology: wristbands able to read and learn finger gestures
- FabriXsense by Bar Ilan University: smart biosensing clothing
- Sensoria Fitness Socks by Sensoria: intelligent fitness socks
All Wearable Technologies Heroes will be on stage at the world´s biggest gathering for wearables: the WT Wearable Week / 14th WT Wearable Technologies Conference on February 2nd 2015 in Munich. For more information visit: http://www.wearable-technologies.com/events/14th- wearable-technologies-conference-2015-i-europe
About the WT Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup
The Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup is the leading worldwide innovation competition in the field of Wearable Technologies. The WT Innovation World Cup was first launched in 2009, and over 3,000 contestants already took part. The Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup invites contestants from all over the world to submit innovative solutions in the areas of sports & fitness, healthcare & wellness, gaming & lifestyle and safety & security. An international panel of industry experts will select the most innovative products according to criteria such as level of innovation, marketability, and usability.
The WT Innovation World Cup is sponsored by STMicroelectronics, Intel, AiQ Smart Clothing, C. Schneider – New Solutions, and VARTA Microbattery. Further partners include SIIA, MEDICA, ISPO, Continua Health Alliance and WT Wearable Technologies AG, as well as the regional partners Business Oulu, Com4Innov, CSEM, Innovative City, M2M Forum, Paris Region Entreprises, Plug and Play Tech Center, TAITRA, Takomo, and Team Cote D’Azur.
Innovation World Cup Contact:
Dr. Sonja Sulzmaier
Download full press release here.