Barcelona / Zurich / Munich, 12 February 2015 –The club of the most innovative IoT solutions worldwide have been selected by the international jury of the IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup. More than 400 developers and innovators from more than 70 countries submitted their market-ready solutions in the categories Industry 4.0, Mobility, Energy, Security, Healthcare, and Connected Home. The announcement of the finalists and winners will take place at the Mobile World Congress on 3 March and the official award ceremony at the M2M Day in Zurich on 12 March this year.
“The increasing level of innovation and ingenuity of the submissions each year alone demonstrates the exciting opportunities enabled by M2M and the Internet of Things, states Gerhard Schedler, Head of Swisscom M2M. As a founding sponsor of the competition, we are particularly pleased with the results and are looking forward to welcoming the finalists to Zurich at the Swisscom M2M Day event.”
And here are the IoT / M2M Heroes of the Year 14/15 (companies in alphabetical order):
- M2MGO by EmtoEmgo UG: Business App Creator that lets you assemble your application just by dragging and dropping widgets directly in the browser.
- ProGlove by Workaround UG: sensor-based “smart glove” that can boost productivity in manufacturing.
- rapidM2M by Microtronics Engineering GmbH: adaptable M2M solution to be integrated in devices and machines with multi-layered security concept.
- D.A.R.V.I.N. by Spintower KG: real LIVE video connection from a 1st-person-perspective.
- Real-Time Cargo Monitoring by arviem AG: real-time end-to-end cargo monitoring service.
- CloudThink by CarKnow LLC: plug and play device that connects any modern vehicle to the cloud.
- COBI by iCradle GmbH: smart connected biking system integrating 150+ modern biking features into your smartphone.
- eTag & eTrack by FastTrack Company: permanent travel baggage label.
- EnergyLogiclQ by LogicLadder Technologies Private Ltd.: cloud based software platform for monitoring energy and environment data.
- MIOT by MIPU srl: software platform for the management of smart devices and their energy management.
- GasLink® by Sensile Technologies SA: robust and autonomous system for remote monitoring of fuel tank levels via the Internet.
- Wattio SmartHome 360° solution by Wattio corp.: one-stop smart home solution centralizing every aspect of home management on a mini computer screen.
- Quakeshare by CynSIS: structured earthquake alert network to reduce disasters impact and casualties
- M2M Intelligence® by Machine-to-Machine Intelligence Corp.: patented Lockbox technology protects each and every IoT asset, transaction, data access and API call, enabling secure sharing and privacy.
- Ubiquicom SafeLocator Suite by Ubiquicom SRL: open standard platform designed to meet the specific safety needs of the industrial workplace.
- Firefly by Zenbotica: forest fire tracking and management system.
- DomoCare by DomoSafety: smart home care service designed with the seniors in mind and aiming at enhancing care given by the caregivers, nurses, doctors and family.
- microBSP by Feeligreen: secure medical device for delaying the onset of bedsores on risk areas through the application of micro-current.
- ONKÖL by ONKÖL: device for the elderly that easily connects to sensors and transmits information directly to caregivers, medical professionals and others.
- Wolke 7 by Zeppelin University: pillow with integrated active adaptive technology to actively cure sleep disturbance.
- WeR@Home by Essence: Intelligent Connected Living solutions that enable people to independently manage and automate their homes from anywhere, anytime and on any screen.
- EDGEhome by Green Edge Technologies Inc.: home monitoring and control from any smart device, learning the behaviour of the consumer and reacting in unique ways.
- ALLTHINGS | HOME by qipp: smart applications for flats, homes and residential areas.
- Integrated Life by Synchronoss Technologies Inc.: consumer-centric ecosystem of integrated technologies.
IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup 14/15 finalists and winners will be announced in the Ericsson Lounge at the Mobile World Congress on 3rd of March hosted by title sponsor Ericsson. Miguel Blockstrand, Director of Product Line Device Connections at Ericsson AB states “This year´s IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup finalists show impressively the growing maturity of M2M solutions and the impact they can have for businesses and individuals. We find it is very inspiring to encourage the eco system and the creation of new ideas.”
The official IoT / M2M award ceremony with finalist presentations and a demo area showcasing the solutions will take place at SWISSCOM`s M2M Day in Zurich on 12th of March. https://www.swisscom.ch/de/business/enterprise/formulare/event-anmeldung.html
About the IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup
The 3rd IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup has already proven to be the leading IoT / M2M award worldwide. Contestants from 70 countries and hundreds of contestants demonstrate the huge innovation potential in the world of machine-to-machine communication and the Internet of Things. The leading global innovation competition is welcoming revolutionary IoT / M2M solutions in the categories of Industry 4.0, Mobility, Energy, Security, Healthcare, and Connected Home. An international panel of industry experts will select the most innovative products according to criteria such as level of innovation, marketability, and usability. Submission phase is between April and November. Participation is free of charge. For further information and registration please visit www.innovationworldcup.com/iot-m2m/.
The IoT / M2M Innovation World Cup is sponsored by Swisscom and Ericsson as title sponsors, as well as Telit Wireless Solutions, Intel, Gemalto, VARTA Microbattery, m2mapps (initiator), connect and Connected Home. Further partners include MEDICA, Continua Health Alliance and Wearable Technologies AG, m2m forum, Engerati, M2M World Forum, Plug and Play Tech Center, MINC, Invest in Skane, Paris Region Entreprises, Business Oulu, Takomo, TAITRA, Team Cote D’Azur, Comm4Innov, Innovative City, CSEM, and AlpICT.
Innovation World Cup Contact:
Dr. Sonja Sulzmaier