As the scope and application of the Internet of Things continues to grow, so too has the diversity and innovation of the entries into the IOT INNOVATION WORLD CUP. In its fifth consecutive year, the 2016/17 season has seen solutions from over 70 countries with applications from smart frying pans that monitor nutritional information as you cook, to cyber security and device management automation solutions. The international judging panel of industry experts had a tough time selecting only 28 finalists from the pool of over 400 highly innovative solutions! We are proud to introduce you to our top four finalists in each category.
Listed in alphabetical order, here are the 2017 IoT Innovators of the Year:
- City-Wide Audience Analytics by Idezo Gmbh
- IoT Autonomous Water Meter by Flatbox, S.A
- IoTool by SenLab
- SmartyPark by SmartiLab EMSI
Transport & Logistics & Surveillance:
- Inshoerance by Inshoerance GmbH
- modum – Rethinking Pharma Supply Chain by modum.io AG
- The impact of geolocation in the Internet of Things by Semtech Corporation
- Tunnll by Tunnll
- IoT Technology Communication Platform by Microtronics Engineering GmbH
- Real-time localization and motion sensing by Kinexon Industries GmbH
- SyncShield IoT Device Manager by Capricode
- TOSIBOX by Tosibox Oy
Smart Building & Home Automation powered by BSH:
- Apple HomeKit on low-cost Hardware by Oberon microsystems, Inc.
- Flicktek by Flicktek Ltd
- Hearo by Responcity
- SmartyPans by SmartyPans Inc.
- Advanced Respiratory and Body Function Monitoring by Health Care Originals, Inc.
- Headbander by Techsource Europe / ULOCS
- MedLogiq by MedLogiq
- Priya by Prima-Temp, Inc
Security Award powered by Gemalto:
- CardioWheel – Safe and Secure Driving by CardioID Technologies
- Fing by Fing
- TOSIBOX by Tosibox Oy
- VOYO by Voyomotive
The pitch and award ceremony will be hosted by ACCIO, the official INNOVATION WORLD CUP partner in Spain and will take place at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on March 1st. The Innovation World Cup finalists will present their solutions live to an audience of industry experts, media and representatives from the INNOVATION WORLD CUP partners: Telit, STMicroelectronics, Gemalto, VARTA Microbattery, Cicor, B/S/H and EBV Elektronik. For more
information about the award ceremony please visit: http://www.innovationworldcup.com/event/iotm2m-innovation-world-cup-pitch-award-ceremony