Where: CSEM, Rue Jaquet-Droz 1, 2000 Neuchâtel
When: 20 September 2017, 9 am -12 pm (registration required)
During this worksho, you will learn hands-on how to connect the STMicroelectronics IoT Starter Kit to Microsoft Azure and quickly start to build IoT solutions.
The IoT Starter kit (P-NUCLEO-AZURE1) includes a powerful STM32 Microcontroller and several expansion boards for Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity along with inertial and environmental sensors.
The kit contains:
– NUCLEO-L476RG (STM32 Nucleo-64 development board with STM32L476RG MCU)
– X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 (Wi-Fi expansion board based on the SWPF01SA module)
– X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 (motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board)
– X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1 (dynamic NFC tag expansion board based on M24SR).
Free software package containing source code, libraries, and binaries (FP-CLD-AZURE1) is available for download from st.com and will be used during the workshop to connect the ST boards to the Azure IoT services.
Through application examples, participants will learn how to transmit and monitor sensor data, and how to implement a complete Device Management solution including provisioning, device configuration and Firmware Update.
Participants will receive the P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 Starter Kit free of charge.
Workshop Agenda 9 am – 11:59 am
- Welcome and introduction to STM32 Open Development Environment
Fabrizio Rovati, SW Platforms Director, STMicroelectronics
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure IoT
Francesco Dauri, Cloud Solution Architect – IoT, Data Platform and Analytics, Microsoft
- Getting Started with ST Starter Kit for Azure IoT
Emanuele Quacchio, Project Leader Embedded Software, STMicroelectronics
- P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 Starter Kit and FP-CLD-AZURE1 software package
- Review workshop pre-requisites
- Lab 1: Azure IoT Hub creation creation
- Lab 2: Register P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit to Azure IoT hub
- Lab 3: Credentials provisioning to P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit
- Lab 4: Connect P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit to Azure IoT Hub
- Lab 5: Monitoring real time sensor data in Azure IoT Hub
- Lab 6: Control P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit using messages and primitives for Device Management; examples for device configuration and Firmware Update
- Lab 7: P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit configuration via NFC
- Lab 8: Use IoT Web dashboard (https://stm32ode.azurewebsites.net/) for evaluation of P-NUCLEO-AZURE1
Have a look at the complete agenda.
Have a look at the requirements to get ready for it.
Sound interesting to you? Then hurry and register here. Please note that the workshop is now complete, you will be added to the waiting list and we will inform you as soon as a seat is available! (Participation is free of charge, registration required.)
Should you wish to cancel your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can give your seat to others interested.
And after a short lunch break, sponsored by STMicroelectronics, you are invited to join the Innovation World Cup Conference, starting at 1 pm. For more information click here.