Develop the future now! Innovation World Cup® partners provide their development kits to participants of the IOT / WT Innovation World Cup®. By registering for the IOT / WT Innovation World Cup® you have the unique opportunity to order Development Kits from EBV Elektronik, STMicroelectronics and Gemalto free of charge!
Below you will find a description of the development kits including links to the websites of the different partners.
EBV Elektronik Development Kits
European participants only
- IRIS – Complete 802.11 b/g/n Cloud on Chip Networking Solution
Iris offers a complete certified Wi-Fi module and enables automatic connection to the cloud and mobile apps without network programming. It supports OTA (Over The Air) upgrades of module & client firmware and is highly suitable for the IoT market as internet-enabler for sensors. The small size module has an embedded on-board PCB-antenna with a gain of 2 dBi.
- HERACLES – 2G module with SIM Card and Prepaid Data
Heracles provides a ready to use 2G cellular module embedding a SIM card with a prepaid data plan in a very small size of 15.8 mm x 17.8 mm x 2.4 mm. The module supports quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, GPRS multi-slot class 12/10 as well as GPRS mobile station class B and is compliant to GSM phase 2/2+ Class 4 and 1. The modules high quality, small form factor makes it ideal for SMD assembly.
STMicroeletronics Development Kits
STMicroelectronics are making the STM32 Open Development Environment available to participants for free. For more information please refer to: www.st.com/stm32ode.
- STMicroelectronics SensorTile development kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1)
The STEVAL-STLKT01V1 is a comprehensive development kit designed to support and expand the capabilities of the SensorTile and comes with a set of cradle boards enabling hardware scalability. The SensorTile is a tiny, square-shaped IoT module that packs powerful processing capabilities leveraging an 80 MHz STM32L476JGY microcontroller and Bluetooth low energy connectivity based on BlueNRG-MS network processor as well as a wide spectrum of motion and environmental MEMS sensors, including a digital microphone. The development kit simplifies prototyping, evaluation and development of innovative solutions
- NUCLEO-F401RE – STM Nucleo development board for High Performance F4 Series with STM32-F401RET6 MCU, supports Arduino (100 SDKs for free) and NUCLEO-L053R8 – Nucleo development board for STM32 Low Power L0 series – with SMT32L053R8, supports Arduino (100 SDKs for free)
STM32 Nucleo boards provide an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features. The Arduino™ connectivity support and ST Morpho headers make it easy to expand the functionality of the STM32 Nucleo open development platform with a wide choice of specialized expansion boards. The STM32 Nucleo boards do not require any separate probe as they integrate the ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer. The STM32 Nucleo boards come with the STM32 comprehensive software HAL library together with various packaged software examples.
- X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 – Bluetooth low energy expansion board based on BlueNRG for STM32 Nucleo (100 SDKs for free)
The X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 is a Bluetooth low energy evaluation board to allow expansion of the STM32 Nucleo boards. It is compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 connector layout, and is designed around BlueNRG, a Bluetooth low energy, low power network coprocessor compliant with BTLE 4.0 and the BALF-NRG-01D3, an ultra miniature balun optimized for ST BlueNRG RFIC, which integrates matching network and harmonics filter. The X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 interfaces with the STM32 MCU via SPI pin, and the user can change the default SPI clock, the SPI chip select and SPI IRQ by changing one resistor on the evaluation board.
- X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 – Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo (100 SDKs for free)
The X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 is a MEMS inertial and environmental sensor evaluation board system. It is compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 connector layout, and is designed around STMicroelectronics’ LSM6DS0 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis gyroscope, the LIS3MDL 3-axis magnetometer, the HTS221 humidity sensor and the LPS25H pressure sensor. The X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 interfaces with the STM32 microcontroller via the I2C pin, and it is possible to change the default I2C port.
- X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1 – Dynamic NFC tag expansion board based on M24SR for STM32 Nucleo (100 SDKs for free)
The X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1 is a Dynamic NFC tag evaluation board to allow expansion of the STM32 Nucleo boards. It is compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 connector layout and it is designed around the M24SR64-Y. The M24SR64-Y device is a dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC with a dual interface. It embeds a 64 Kbit EEPROM memory. It can be operated from an I2C interface or by a 13.56 MHz RFID reader or a NFC phone. The board is powered through the Arduino UNO R3 connectors. It also includes three LEDs for general purpose.
- X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 – Wi-Fi expansion board based on SWPF01SA module for STM32 Nucleo (100 SDKs for free)
The X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 is a Wi-Fi evaluation board based on the SPWF01SA module, which expands the STM32 Nucleo boards. The CE, IC and FCC certified SPWF01SA module has an embedded STM32 MCU, a low-power Wi-Fi b/g/n SoC with integrated power amplifier and power management and an SMD antenna. The SPWF01SA module is also equipped with 1 MByte of external FLASH for firmware update over-the-air (FOTA). The firmware features a complete software IP stack to open up to 8 TCP/UDP sockets, as well as dynamic web pages with SSI to interact with the module and a REST API (get & post) for conveniently transferring files to/from servers in the cloud. The module can simultaneously behave as a socket server and socket client. The firmware supports secure sockets with TLS/SSL encryption, ensuring secure end-to-end communications with the cloud, with or without authentication
The STM32 Open Development Environment is built on the following software tools:
- STM32Cube software. A set of free of charge tools and embedded software bricks to enable fast and easy development on the STM32, including a Hardware Abstraction Layer, middleware and the STM32CubeMX PC-based configurator and code generator
- STM32Cube expansion software. Expansion software provided free of charge for use with STM32 Nucleo expansion boards, and compatible with STM32Cube software framework
- The STM32 Open Development Environment is compatible with a number of IDEs including IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, mbed and GCC-based environments.
Get more information at www.st.com/stm32ode.
Gemalto IoT Development Kits
By registering for the IOT/WT Innovation World Cup® 2017/18 you have the opportunity to qualify for a Cinterion® Concept Board and Cinterion Connect Shield.
Please note that Gemalto will provide a 75% discount code for you to order directly from the webstore.