Developer Workshop by Innovation World Cup Partner STMicroelectronics 2018 | Munich
January 30, 2018
The Developer Workshop powered by Innovation World Cup® partner STMicroelectronics and Microsoft will be part of the WT | Wearable Technologies Conference Europe 2018 in Munich!
Where: WT | Wearable Technologies Conference 2018 EUROPE at ICM – Internationales Congress Center München, 81823 Munich, Germany (Detailed directions here)
When: 30th of January 2018, 9 am – 2:30 pm (registration required)
During this workshop, you will learn hands-on how to connect the STMicroelectronics Starter Kit to Microsoft Azure and build IoT solutions.
The IoT Starter kit (P-NUCLEO-AZURE1) includes a powerful STM32 Microcontroller and several expansion boards for Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity along with inertial and environmental sensors.
The kit contains:
- NUCLEO-L476RG(STM32 Nucleo-64 development board with STM32L476RG MCU)
- X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1(Wi-Fi expansion board based on the SWPF01SA module)
- X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2(motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board)
- X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1(dynamic NFC tag expansion board based on M24SR).
Through application examples, participants will learn how to transmit and monitor sensor data, and how to implement a complete device management solution including provisioning, device configuration and firmware update.
Participants will receive the P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 Starter Kit free of charge.
9:00 am – 12:30 pm Workshop Agenda
- Welcome and introduction to STM32 Open Development Environment
Gilles Alcocer, IoT and Partner Ecosystem Senior Manager, STMicroelectronics
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure IoT
Francesco Dauri, Cloud Solution Architect – IoT, Data Platform and Analytics, Microsoft
- Getting Started with ST IoT Starter Kit for Microsoft Azure
Emanuele Quacchio, Project Leader Embedded Software, STMicroelectronics
Peter Bensch, EMEA Central FAE, STMicroelectronics
Sascha Wilde, EMEA Central FAE, STMicroelectronics
- IoT Starter Kit for Microsoft Azure by STMicroeletronics: P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 (HW) and FP-CLD-AZURE1 (SW)
- Review Software and Hardware pre-requisites
- Introduction to Azure services for IoT
- Lab 1: Use pre-compiled binaries to quickly connect P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit with a Web dashboard (https://stm32ode.azurewebsites.net/)
- Lab 2: Azure IoT Hub creation
- Lab 3: Register P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit to Azure IoT hub
- Lab 4: Credentials provisioning to P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit
- Lab 5: Connect P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit to Azure IoT Hub and monitor real time sensor data in Azure IoT Hub
- Lab 6: Control P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit using messages and primitives for Device Management; examples for Firmware Update Over-The-Air
- Lab 7: Configure your P-NUCLEO-AZURE1 kit via NFC
- Modify and customize FP-CLD-AZURE1 software with STM32 software development tools
12:30 pm Networking Lunch and Demo
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Introduction to the RushUp Cloud-JAM L4 board
Christian Raineri, CEO, RushUp
The workshop will be held in English.
Please note that the workshop is now complete! (Participation is FREE of charge, registration required)
Should you wish to cancel your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can give your seat to others interested.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Munich!