Developer Workshop by Innovation World Cup Partner Gemalto 2017 | Neuchâtel
September 20, 2017
If you’re an IoT developer or have a general interest in embedding cellular communications into your solution, this workshop is for you. The Developer Workshop powered by Innovation World Cup partner Gemalto will be part of the Innovation World Cup Day in Neuchâtel!
Where: Microcity, Rue de la Maladière 71, 2000 Neuchâtel
When: 20 September 2017, 9 am -12 pm (registration required)
If 2016 was the year that the Internet of Things broke into mainstream consciousness, 2017 will be the one where it starts to prove its worth. The initial hype has been overcome, the technology and connectivity are here and sensors are bringing in data that is robust. Now, this foundation stage is complete, attention can turn to the more exciting task of rapid experimentation and development.
Gemalto offers a range of simple and reliable development kits that ship with embedded JavaTM allowing for easy and fast application development. This workshop has been designed to assist developers in their mobile IoT projects and takes them on a journey from proof of concept ideas and tinkering with small scale tests to considerations for larger scale deployments and lifecycle management of their solutions.
Who should join?
This workshop is open to all IoT developers and anyone with an interest in adding cellular wireless connectivity to devices, machines and objects. If you are specifically interested in embedded processing and Java, this workshop is for you. Come and see Gemalto’s tools for lifecycle management of hardware and devices.
Why should you attend?
- Come away with new ideas and appreciate the power of embedded Java in a resource constrained environment. See what’s possible with Gemalto’s developer tools.
- Experience Interactive demos – you’ll be amazed to see what you can do on a cellular module with embedded Java, the most popular programming language in the world
What will you learn?
- Learn about the different building blocks and the possibilities Gemalto can provide to transform your creative ideas into trend-setting connected devices
- Learn about the developer resources Gemalto provides to accelerate your IoT application design
- 9:00 am Introduction to Gemalto’s IoT Portfolio (Ronaldo Robl, Sebastian Pyka)
- 9:15 am Embedded IoT Development (Simon Mullenger)
- Hello IoT World! Getting Started with Java
- What is Java and where did it come from?
- Comparing the languages C and Java
- Java modules today; an overview
- The Java Embedded System usage types
- Development hardware
- Support Packages and Gemalto Developer Community
- AT Commands – AT Commands over SMS – development and testing demo
- Features and Performance at a glance
- AT Command parsing
- How to implement business logic in Java on an embedded module
- Windmill demo
- Data capture from environmental sensors
- I2C communications
- How to create a SMS subscription server
- Sending data to cloud servers
- ST Micro X-Nucleo Demo
- 11:15 am Lifecycle management of IoT Devices (Jose Sanchez Santana)
- Introduction to Gemalto IoT Services & live demo
- Customer success stories and best practices
- 12:00pm LUNCH AND GET-TOGETHER
- 1:00pm START OF INNOVATION WORLD CUP CONFERENCE NEUCHÂTEL
During the workshop, we will demonstrate our JavaTM-powered Cinterion® Concept Board and Cinterion® Connect Shield for Arduino. If you’re interested in kick-starting your IoT developments with these tools, please get in touch with Sebastian Pyka from Celphone at the event.
Have a look at the complete agenda here
Sounds interesting to you? Then go ahead and register here today. Participation is free of charge, but SEATS ARE LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS ONLY!
Should you wish to cancel your registration, please send an email to email@example.com
After a short lunch break, sponsored by Gemalto, you are invited to join the Innovation World Cup Conference, starting at 1 pm in the same location. For more information click here.