Munich/Dusseldorf, 23rd of October 2023
The 12th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION has reached a milestone, attracting an impressive array of medical innovators from across the globe. More than 280 submissions were received, showcasing groundbreaking solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, robotics, and other medical fields. Each submission was evaluated by an international jury board, considering factors such as innovation, technological feasibility, marketing and go-to-market approach, time to market, commercial potential, and sustainability.
THE TOP 12 MEDICAL START-UPS 2023 ARE (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER PER CATEGORY):
AI in Healthcare
- FaceHeart Corporation -FaceHeart Vitals™: contactless video-based vital signs monitoring (Taiwan)
- FUSE-AI – ProstateCarcinoma.ai: AI for detection and segmentation of prostate lesions easier, faster, and safer (Germany)
- Cardiolyse – Remote ECG & HRV monitoring platform (Finland)
- Sidekick Health – zanadio: the holistic digital therapy for people affected by obesity (Germany)
- HealthTAG – Decentralized health data exchange platform (Thailand)
- Virtuleap – Tackling cognitive decline with enhance VR: gym for the mind (Portugal)
- CytoAurora Biotechnologies – Nano CAST Plus: AI-based scanner system for histopathology and cytopathology (Taiwan)
- MeMed Diagnostics – MeMed BV™: immunoassay platform to conduct highly sensitive, quick, multiplexed protein measurements (Israel)
- SDS Optic Inc – inPROBE®: microprobe for real-time breast cancer diagnostics (Poland)
- ROPCA – ARTHUR: rheumatoid arthritis ultrasound robot (Denmark)
- Rymo Technologies -Mobi-L: robotic assisted physical therapy system (India)
- EndoCure – Endometriosis diagnostics with an AI-powered robotic ultrasound system (Israel)
Congratulations to the finalists!
The pitch and award ceremony of the 12th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION will take place at the 10th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM (Hall 12, Stand 12E37) on Tuesday, 14th of November, from 15:00 to 17:00 CET. The Top 12 Medical Start-ups 2023 will present their innovative solutions with live jury evaluation, and benefit from MEDICA’s extensive network of health tech experts, corporates, investors, business partners, and media from over 170 countries. Cash prizes are worth up to 3,500 Euro.
For registration and live stream session access, please visit www.medica.de/mchf2.
The 13th MEDICA Start-Up COMPETITION is already open for submissions, and participation remains free of charge. Further details can be found at www.innovationworldcup.com/medica-startup-competition/.
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition in healthcare innovations. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe. Participation is free of charge.
Mirna Curcic | Project & Event Manager