Munich/Düsseldorf, 17 November 2020.
Racing over 120 submissions from 33 nations, the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2020 entered the 9th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION pitch and award ceremony at the virtual.MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the worldwide innovation hotspot in healthcare, to present their ground-breaking solutions in AI in healthcare, diagnostics, health apps and robotics.
Here are the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2020 (in alphabetical order per category):
AI in healthcare
- diafyt MedTech, Germany: diafyt Guide – AI-learning insulin demand and making suggestions for insulin dosage
- Radiobotics, Denmark: RBknee™ – Decision supporting tool for automatic identification of osteoarthritis
- Voiceitt, Israel: Voiceitt – AI-driven automatic speech recognition for individuals with dysarthria
- BeFC, France: BeFC – Bioenzymatic Fuel Cells – A sustainable paper-based energy source for low-power connected devices
- inveox, Germany: inveox – Pathologie 4.0 – Digitization and automation to histopathology labs for reliable cancer diagnostics
- PKvitality, France: K’Watch – Continuous glucose monitoring smartwatch
- Be My Eyes, Denmark: Be My Eyes – Mobile app utilizing WebRTC video call technology for remote visual assistance
- Dermanostic, Germny: Dermatologist via app
- Mediktor, Spain: AI-based medical assistant for triage, prediagnosis and decision-making support
- ETH Zürich, Switzerland: MYLEG – Non-invasive sensory feedback to improve MobilitY and to promote cognitive prosthesis integration in people with LEG amputation
- H Robotics, South Korea: Home rehabilitation device using robot technology and smart home rehabilitation service platform
- UniExo, Ukraine: UniExo – Rehab service with modular robotic exoskeleton
The jury representatives from CGM Clinical Europe, KUKA, DiGA Factory / DiGA App Store, HighTech Gründerfonds and Vibazone Business Accelerator live evaluated the pitches based on the level of innovation, go-to-market approach and commercial potential to announce the TOP3 Medical Start-ups 2020:
1st place: Radiobotics, Denmark: RBknee™ – Decision supporting tool for automatic identification of osteoarthritis
2nd place: BeFC, France: BeFC – Sustainable paper-based energy source for low-power connected device
3rd place: ETH Zürich, Switzerland: MYLEG – Non-invasive sensory feedback to improve MobilitY and to promote cognitive prosthesis integration in people with LEG amputation
The TOP3 Medical Start-ups 2020 are now officially part of the MEDICA ecosystem of healthcare experts, companies and investors coming from over 170 countries. Additionally, they will benefit from cash prizes worth up to 3.500 Euro and a package of free marketing and promotion activities in the MEDICA network.
“On behalf of the MEDICA team, we would like to congratulate all the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2020, the TOP3 winners and the jury members for their great contributions. We are pleased to experience many great projects with advanced solutions in the healthcare sector. We are really looking forward to meeting you in person, here at the fair ground of the MEDICA Trade fair in 2021!” – implied Dr. Claudio Bucchi, Senior Project Manager of Health and Medical Technologies at Messe Düsseldorf.
With the 9th extraordinary edition, the MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION achieved another milestone in accelerating healthcare innovations and consolidated its position as the world’s no.1 open innovation program for digital medical solutions.
The 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Submit your solution from today and disrupt the healthcare industry tomorrow. Do not miss your chance to scale up at MEDICA 2021!
The virtual.MEDICA is taking place online from 16-19 November, 10:00 – 16:00 CET. The livestream is available free of charge, with access to the virtual exhibition space and B2B match-making.
More info and free registration: https://www.medica-tradefair.com/
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION (until 2019: MEDICA App COMPETITION) initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition in healthcare innovations. Participation is free of charge with submissions in 4 categories: AI in healthcare, diagnostics, health apps and robotics. The objective of the competition is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe.
Hanh Nguyen | Project & Event Manager | Navispace GmbH