Düsseldorf, 13th of November 2023
With over 300 submissions from across 50 nations, the Top 12 Health Techpreneurs of 2023 showcased their innovative solutions at the final pitch and award ceremony of the 15th Healthcare Innovation World Cup on November 13th, hosted at MEDICA.
Following live pitches and expert jury evaluation focused on innovation, go-to-market strategy, commercial potential, and sustainability, we are thrilled to unveil the Top 3 Health Techpreneurs of 2023:
1st place: DiaMonTech AG
2nd place: VentriJect
3rd place: Medituner
As the Top 3 of the 15th Healthcare Innovation World Cup®, these exceptional innovators will now earn a place in the prestigious Innovation World Cup® Hall of Fame. Their journey comes with a wealth of advantages within the world’s foremost health tech ecosystem of MEDICA and the Innovation World Cup® Series. This includes 1-1 introductions to investors and corporate partners, free marketing packages, technical guidance, media exposure, and opportunities to speak at major international tech events.
Congratulations to all the Top 12 Health Techpreneurs of 2023 (alphabetically sorted):
- autonomyo – Robotic exoskeleton for people with neurological gait disorders (Switzerland)
- BioCam – Smart endoscopic capsule for remote examination of the gastrointestinal system (Poland)
- DiaMonTech AG – D-Pocket: precise, pain-free blood glucose monitoring (Germany)
- Earable® Neuroscience – FRENZ Brainband: AI-powered smart band for deep sleep and focus (USA)
- Glooma – SenseGlove: smart glove to detect and monitor breast cancer at an early stage (Portugal)
- Kinexcs – KIMIA Recover: knee recovery management solution (Singapore)
- Medituner – AsthmaTuner: digital monitoring and evaluation of asthma (Sweden)
- Metyos – Smart biowearable patch for kidney health (France)
- Pumpinheart Ltd – A system to treat heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (Ireland)
- RDS – MultiSense®: Smart wearable for patient monitoring in acute clinical stages (France)
- sendance GmbH – Sendance-grid: soft sensor technology for smart wearables in healthcare (Austria)
- VentriJect – Seismofit: reliable estimate of cardiorespiratory fitness (Denmark)
These techpreneurs were examined by a panel of expert jurors who carefully assessed each pitch, many thanks to:
- Oriana Di Marco from STMicroelectronics
- Dr. Jan Engels from High-Tech Gründerfonds
- Thomas Waldmann from Würth Elektronik Group
- Borut Kastelic from EBV Elektronik
- Fabian Nappenbach from HTC VIVE
- Adriano Basile from STMictoelectronics
- Christian Stammel from Wearable Technologies AG
The 16th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® is already accepting submissions! You can submit your solution free of charge and seize the opportunity to be among the Top 12 Health Techpreneurs of 2024 at MEDICA
More information at: www.innovationworldcup.com
Behind the scenes
The 15th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® is a part of the Innovation World Cup® Series, the world’s leading open innovation platform that supports breakthrough innovations to become reality. This year, on Monday, 13th of November, the finals of the 15th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® took place at the 10th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the international innovation hotspot for digital health.
The Innovation World Cup® Series was initiated by Navispace AG in 2003. Current partners include STMicroelectronics, EBV Elektronik, Würth Elektronik, AiQ Smart Clothing, and VARTA Microbattery. A panel of international industry experts selects the best solutions based on the level of innovation, marketability, usability and sustainability.Participation is free of charge.
Further partners include StartupCon, WT | Wearable Technologies, BIM World MUNICH, CSEM, AlpICT, ACCIO, Business OULU, G2 Startups, Gate Garching, Wolves Summit, Medical Valley, UnternehmerTUM, Team Côte D’Azur, French Côte D’Azur, Innovative City, Innovability, CENSIS, MEDICA, InnMind, ISPO, Polar Bear Pitching, MIT Enterprise Forum Poland, Technoport, THINGS Stockholm, Munich Startup, Engerati, InfoShare, IFJ, IT2Industry, Paris Region Entreprises, Disruptive Week Milan, GZDN, INN.KUBATOR, TechBBQ, TAITRA, Hong Kong Science, Technology Park, Government of Canada, Cluster Digital, IOT Business News, and many more.
Mirna Curcic | Project & Event Manager | Navispace GmbH