Düsseldorf, 14 November 2023
The pitch and award ceremony of the 12th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION was hosted at the 10th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the worldwide hub for health innovations, on Tuesday, 14th of November. More than +280 start-ups from across 50 countries submitted their solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, lab diagnostics, and robotics.
Evaluating innovation, go-to-market strategy, commercial potential, and sustainability, the live expert jury board has made its selection for the Top 3 Medical Start-Ups of 2023:
1st place: MeMed Diagnostics
2nd place: Sidekick Health
3rd place: ROPCA
These victorious startups of the 12th MEDICA Start-Up COMPETITION have now joined the esteemed MEDICA ecosystem, where they will have the privilege of networking with eminent global health tech experts, investors, and business partners from over 170 countries. Additionally, they will be awarded cash prizes of up to 3,500 EUR, along with a comprehensive package of free marketing and promotional activities through MEDICA, propelling the success of the Top 3 Medical Start-Ups of 2023 even further.
Congratulations to all Top 12 Medical Start-Ups of 2023 (alphabetically sorted by company name):
AI in Healthcare
- FaceHeart Corporation -FaceHeart Vitals™: contactless video-based vital signs monitoring (Taiwan)
- FUSE-AI – ProstateCarcinoma.ai: AI for detection and segmentation of prostate lesions easier, faster, and safer (Germany)
- Cardiolyse – Remote ECG & HRV monitoring platform (Finland)
- Sidekick Health – zanadio: the holistic digital therapy for people affected by obesity (Germany)
- HealthTAG – Decentralized health data exchange platform (Thailand)
- Virtuleap – Tackling cognitive decline with enhance VR: gym for the mind (Portugal)
- CytoAurora Biotechnologies – Nano CAST Plus: AI-based scanner system for histopathology and cytopathology (Taiwan)
- MeMed Diagnostics – MeMed Key®: immunoassay platform to conduct highly sensitive, quick, multiplexed protein measurements (Israel)
- SDS Optic Inc – inPROBE®: microprobe for real-time breast cancer diagnostics (Poland)
Many thanks to our esteemed panel of judges, who evaluated these pitches live:
- Caroline Fichtner from High-Tech Gründerfonds
- Paul Lukowicz from German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
- Jan Beger from GE HealthCare
- Robert Riener from ETH Zurich
- Andreas Keibel from KUKA
The 13th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge with chances to present at MEDICA 2024.
More information & free submission: http://www.medica-tradefair.com/mac2
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition for medical start-ups. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe.
The 12th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION finals with contributions of the Top12 Medical Start-ups 2023 and international jury, investors, and business partners took place on Tuesday, 14th of November 2023 at the MEDICA – the world’s largest medical trade-fair.
Mirna Curcic | Project and Event Manager | Navispace GmbH