Düsseldorf, 15 November 2022
The pitch & award ceremony of the 11th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION took place at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the global hotspot for health innovations on Tuesday, 15th of November. More than 250 start-ups from over 30 countries submitted their solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, lab diagnostics, and robotics. Here are the Top12 Medical Start-ups 2022 (in alphabetical order per company name):
AI in healthcare
- AlgoDx – NAVOY® Sepsis, the clinical decision support tool based on machine learning that can predict sepsis risk in the ICU (Sweden)
- AITRICS – VitalCare, an AI-applied patient monitoring, predicting in-hospital acute events before they happened (South Korea)
- Idoven – Willem, the cloud-based, AI-powered platform for ECG analysis (Spain)
- Cardiokol – VAAM, a software-based solution to scale atrial fibrillation detection, based on voice (Israel)
- Fimo Health GmbH – Fatigue App for patients who suffer from fatigue (Germany)
- Medanets Oy – App that simplifies nursing routines and supports decision making (Finland)
- FRIZ Biochem GmbH – Unique diagnostic solution for multi-parametric, rapid, sensitive and fully automated molecular testing truly at the Point-of-Care (Germany)
- Medfluid – Integrated LOC (Lab-on-a-chip) microfluidic system (Taiwan)
- Pythia Biotech LTd – Organ-on-chip is designed to recreate a physiological and pathological environment ex vivo (Taiwan)
- Marsi Bionics – Intelligent exoskeletons for gait rehabilitation (Spain)
- Reactive Robotics GmbH – Vemotion, an AI-driven robotic assistance system for early mobilisation in ICUs (Germany)
- PhiCube – a modular robotic device for upper-limb rehabilitation (Italy)
Based on the level of innovations, go-to-market-approach, commercial potential and sustainability, the international jury board selected the Top3 Medical Start-ups 2022:
- 1st place: Idoven from Spain
- 2nd place: AlgoDx from Sweden
- 3rd place: Reactive Robotics GmbH from Germany
The winners of the 11th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION became outstanding members of the MEDICA ecosystem, amongst international forefront health tech experts, investors and business partners coming from over 170 countries. Additionally, cash prizes up to 3,500 EUR, a package of free marketing and promotion activities via MEDICA will boost the business of the Top3 Medical Start-ups 2022 further.
The 12th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge with chances to present at MEDICA 2023.
More information & free submission: http://www.medica-tradefair.com/mac2
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition for medical start-ups. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe.
The 11th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION finals with contributions of the Top12 Medical Start-ups 2022 and international jury, investors, and business partners took place on Tuesday, 15th of November 2022 at the MEDICA – the world’s largest medical trade-fair.
Nadia Nora Achkar | Startup Coach & Innovation Manager | Navispace GmbH