Munich/Düsseldorf, 18 October 2021.
The anniversary edition of the 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION attracted over 250 submissions worldwide. Medical start-ups submitted their solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, robotics, and others.
All submissions were evaluated by an international jury board, based on the level of innovation, technological feasibility, marketing & go-to-market approach, potential time to market, commercial potential, and sustainability.
THE TOP12 MEDICAL START-UPS 2021 ARE (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER PER CATEGORY):
AI in healthcare
- ExactCure – Personalized drug simulations (France)
- IKOSA by KML Vision – Democratizing artificial intelligence for bioimage analysis (Austria)
- Phonolyser – Smart heart analyser (Finland)
- Invirto by Sympatient – App-based psychotherapy, mobile VR & telehealth treatment for anxiety (Germany)
- Komed Health – Secure communication and collaboration in healthcare (Switzerland)
- Tarabios – Mobile connected blood coagulation diagnostics platform (Turkey)
- ACCREA – Auxiliary robotic arms for medicine (Poland)
- Esper – Bionic prosthetic hand (Ukraine)
- Existo – Wearable robotic grasping tool (Italy)
- Macu4 – Orthopedic solutions with 3D printed devices (Switzerland)
- Neoscan – Innovative and compact neonatal MR System (Germany)
- Virtonomy – Data driven clinical trials on virtual patients (Germany)
The pitch & award ceremony of the 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION will take place at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM (Hall 12, Stand 12E35) on Tuesday, 16 November, 13:00 – 15:00 CET. The TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2021 will present their solutions with live jury evaluation, and benefit from MEDICA’s profound network of health tech experts, corporates, investors, business partners and media from over 170 countries. Cash prizes are worth up to 3.500 Euro.
Registration for on-site and live stream session: www.medica-tradefair.com
The 11th MEDICA Start-Up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge. Further details on www.innovationworldcup.com/medica-startup-competition/
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition in healthcare innovations. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe. Particiaption is free of charge.
Hanh Nguyen | Program Planner