Munich/Dusseldorf, 26th of October 2022.
The anniversary edition of the 11th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION attracted over 250 submissions worldwide. Medical start-ups submitted their solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, robotics, and others.
All submissions were evaluated by an international jury board, based on the level of innovation, technological feasibility, marketing & go-to-market approach, potential time to market, commercial potential, and sustainability.
THE TOP12 MEDICAL START-UPS 2022 ARE (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER PER CATEGORY):
AI in healthcare
- AlgoDx – NAVOY® Sepsis, the clinical decision support tool based on machine learning that can predict sepsis risk in the ICU (Sweden)
- AITRICS – VitalCare, an AI-applied patient monitoring, predicting in-hospital acute events before they happened (South Korea)
- Idoven – Willem, the cloud-based, AI-powered platform for ECG analysis (Spain)
- Cardiokol – VAAM, a software-based solution to scale atrial fibrillation detection, based on voice (Israel)
- Fimo Health GmbH – Fatigue App for patients who suffer from fatigue (Germany)
- Medanets Oy – App that simplifies nursing routines and supports decision making (Finland)
- FRIZ Biochem GmbH – Unique diagnostic solution for multi-parametric, rapid, sensitive and fully automated molecular testing truly at the Point-of-Care (Germany)
- Medfluid – Integrated LOC (Lab-on-a-chip) microfluidic system (Taiwan)
- Pythia Biotech LTd – Organ-on-chip is designed to recreate a physiological and pathological environment ex vivo (Taiwan)
- Marsi Bionics – Intelligent exoskeletons for gait rehabilitation (Spain)
- Reactive Robotics GmbH – Vemotion, an AI-driven robotic assistance system for early mobilisation in ICUs (Germany)
- PhiCube – a modular robotic device for upper-limb rehabilitation (Italy)
The pitch & award ceremony of the 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION will take place at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM (Hall 12, Stand 12E37) on Tuesday, 15 November, 13:00 – 15:00 CET. The Top12 Medical Start-ups 2022 will present their solutions with live jury evaluation, and benefit from MEDICA’s profound network of health tech experts, corporates, investors, business partners and media from over 170 countries. Cash prizes are worth up to 3.500 Euro.
Registration for on-site and live stream session: www.medica-tradefair.com
The 12th MEDICA Start-Up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge. Further details on www.innovationworldcup.com/medica-startup-competition/
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition in healthcare innovations. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe. Participation is free of charge.
Nadia Nora Achkar | Startup & Innovation Manager