Düsseldorf. 15 November 2021.
More than 290 submissions from over 60 countries, here are the TOP12 Health Techpreneurs 2021 who presented their solutions in the official finals pitch and award ceremony on 15 November at the MEDICA (in alphabetical order per company name):
- AiSteth– Smart stethoscope to screen, detect and predict cardio-respiratory disorders (India)
- Cynteract– Rehabilitation glove (Germany)
- Esper– Bionic prosthetic hand (Ukraine)
- EYEMATE by Implandata Ophthalmic Products– Remote glaucoma care system (Germany)
- Feelix by Sonavi Labs– AI-enabled diagnostic device to detect and monitor respiratory diseases (USA)
- GlucoActive– Non-invasive glucometer technology (Poland)
- iLoF– Cloud-based library of disease biomarkers and biological profiles for drug discovery (UK)
- NEOLA® by GPX Medical AB– Continuous non-invasive lungs monitoring of preterm born infants (Sweden)
- Nukute– Respiratory analysis wearables (Finland)
- flex– Motion sensors for physical rehabilitation (Romania)
- Respiray– Wearable air purifier (Estonia)
- Rubitection– Skin assessment & care management system for chronic skin-related conditions (USA)
After the pitches with live jury evaluation based on the level of innovations, go-to-market-approach, commercial potential, and sustainability, the TOP3 Health Techpreneurs 2021 were announced:
- 1st place: EYEMATE by Implandata Ophthalmic Products – Remote glaucoma care system (Germany)
- 2nd place: NEOLA® by GPX Medical AB– Continuous non-invasive lungs monitoring of preterm born infants (Sweden)
- 3rd place: Esper– Bionic prosthetic hand (Ukraine)
“This year 2021 is one of the most interesting and innovative editions of the Healthcare Innovation World Cup® Series. It is very difficult for us to make the decision, who would top the chart as the world’s most ground-breaking health techpreneurs. We are impressed with the level of innovations that solve emerging world’s problems. Congratulations to all winners and finalists who made it at MEDICA Düsseldorf today!” – Markus Vogt, Regional Application Manager CE South-West, Former Director of Healthcare & Personal Devices, EBV Elektronik.
The winners of the 13th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® will now be part of the Innovation World Cup® Hall of Fame. Great benefits would be gained from the world’s leading health tech ecosystem at MEDICA and Innovation World Cup® Series, including 1-1 introductions with investors & corporate partners, free marketing packages and tech advisory, extensive media coverage & further speaking slots at international prominent tech events.
The 14th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® is already open for submissions! Submit your solution free of charge from today and take chances to stand among the TOP12 Health Techpreneurs 2022 at MEDICA.
More information and free submission: www.innovationworldcup.com
Behind the scenes
The 13th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® is a part of the Innovation World Cup® Series, the world’s leading open innovation platform that supports breakthrough innovations to become reality. This year, on Monday, 15 November, the finals of the 13th Healthcare Innovation World Cup® took place at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the international innovation hotspot for digital health.
The Innovation World Cup® Series was initiated by Navispace AG in 2003. Current partners include STMicroelectronics, EBV Elektronik, Würth Elektronik, AiQ Smart Clothing, and VARTA Microbattery. A panel of international industry experts selects the best solutions based on the level of innovation, marketability, usability and sustainability. Participation is free of charge.
Further partners include StartupCon, WT | Wearable Technologies, BIM World MUNICH, CSEM, AlpICT, ACCIO, Business OULU, G2 Startups, Gate Garching, Wolves Summit, Medical Valley, UnternehmerTUM, Team Côte D’Azur, French Côte D’Azur, Innovative City, Innovability, CENSIS, MEDICA, InnMind, ISPO, Polar Bear Pitching, MIT Enterprise Forum Poland, Technoport, THINGS Stockholm, Munich Startup, Engerati, InfoShare, IFJ, IT2Industry, Paris Region Entreprises, Disruptive Week Milan, GZDN, INN.KUBATOR, TechBBQ, TAITRA, Hong Kong Science, Technology Park, Government of Canada, Cluster Digital, IOT Business News, and many more.
Hanh Nguyen | Project & Event Manager | Navispace GmbH