Düsseldorf, 16 November 2021
The pitch & award ceremony of the 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION took place at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM, the global hotspot for health innovations on Tuesday, 16 November. More than 250 start-ups from over 45 countries submitted their solutions in AI in healthcare, health apps, robotics, and others. Here are the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2021 (in alphabetical order per company name):
AI in healthcare
- ExactCure – Personalized drug simulations (France)
- IKOSA by KML Vision– Democratizing artificial intelligence for bioimage analysis (Austria)
- Phonolyser– Smart heart analyser (Finland)
- Invirto by Sympatient– App-based psychotherapy, mobile VR & telehealth treatment for anxiety (Germany)
- Komed Health– Health app to treat erection problems (Switzerland)
- Tarabios– Mobile connected blood coagulation diagnostics platform (Turkey)
- ACCREA– Auxiliary robotic arms for medicine (Poland)
- Esper– Bionic prosthetic hand (Ukraine)
- Existo– Wearable robotic grasping tool (Italy)
- Macu4– Orthopedic solutions with 3D printed devices (Switzerland)
- Neoscan– Innovative and compact neonatal MR System (Germany)
- Virtonomy– Data driven clinical trials on virtual patients (Germany)
Based on the level of innovations, go-to-market-approach, commercial potential and sustainability, the international jury board selected the TOP3 Medical Start-ups 2021:
- 1st place: Phonolyser– Smart heart analyser (Finland)
- 2nd place: Invirto by Sympatient– App-based psychotherapy, mobile VR & telehealth treatment for anxiety (Germany)
- 3rd place: Virtonomy– Data driven clinical trials on virtual patients (Germany)
The winners of the 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION became outstanding members of the MEDICA ecosystem, amongst international forefront health tech experts, investors and business partners coming from over 170 countries. Additionally, cash prizes up to 3,500 EUR, a package of free marketing and promotion activities via MEDICA will boost the business of the TOP3 Medical Start-ups 2021 further.
“Having involved in the evaluation of the semi-finals and finals, we could say that the business plans and the quality of the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2021 are very high.” – Dr. Caroline Fichtner, Principal, High-Tech Gründerfonds.
“It is great to see everyone here today at the 9th MEDICA CONNECTED HEALTHCARE FORUM. So many start-ups, and even in the challenging time, start-ups keep innovating and making the world’s largest health innovation ecosystem at MEDICA. Congratulations and thank you for your great contributions!” – Dr. Claudio Bucchi, Senior Project Manager of Health and Medical Technologies, Messe Düsseldorf.
The 11th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge with chances to present at MEDICA 2022.
More information & free submission: http://www.medica-tradefair.com/mac2
Behind the scenes
The MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION initiated by Messe Düsseldorf and organized by Navispace GmbH is the international leading competition for medical start-ups. The objective is to drive innovation for use in the daily routine of patients and doctors around the globe.
The 10th MEDICA Start-up COMPETITION finals with contributions of the TOP12 Medical Start-ups 2021 and international jury, investors, and business partners took place on Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at the MEDICA – the world’s largest medical trade-fair.
Hanh Nguyen | Project & Event Manager | Navispace GmbH