Munich, 26 October 2021
The construction sector accounts for almost 9% of the GDP and employs more than 18m people in Europe only. Nevertheless, the AEC industry is currently acknowledged as one of the most polluting industries worldwide and one of the least digitalized ones. Upcoming innovative companies can drive the change and push the sector’s digital transformation as well as its ecological transition fast forward.
This year, two hundred international start-ups, scale-ups and SME entered their cutting-edge innovations solving some of the main AEC sector’s challenges in the 4th Smart Building Smart Construction Innovation World Cup® – the world’s leading competition for techpreneurs and innovative companies in ConTech, PropTech, Tech for Infrastructure industries.
They demonstrated how their software, service, IoT and novel material solutions are contributing to innovate the AEC industry in a sustainable way.
THE TOP12 SMART BUILDING SMART CONSTRUCTION INNOVATORS 2021 ARE (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER):
- Dizmo – Interactive workspace connecting data, services and applications (Switzerland)
- Dragonback Innovation – ARVE – Air quality monitoring (Switzerland)
- Framence – Photorealistic digital twin for buildings and technical facilities (Germany)
- Intelar LLC – K2150 sensor – Long-range motion occupancy detector for lighting control and automation warehouses, urban and industrial buildings and territories (Russia)
- Kustomised – InSite 3D – Holistic 3D-Scanning mobile application optimized for the needs of craftsmen (Germany)
- Leapcraft ApS – AmbiNode – Fully managed, calibrated sensor network to capture over 15 parameters in real-time for the construction industry (Denmark)
- Madaster – Global online platform that enables the circular use of products and materials in the construction industry (Germany)
- Partum – Construyo – Customer’s digital project manager for guidance through the building application process and finding the best partners (Germany)
- ROBEAU – Protect and preserve water – Real time indicator of water consumption for buildings (Ireland)
- Treble Technologies – Treble Room – Specialized sound simulation and software for designing buildings (Iceland)
- Ultrawis – Smart sensors and advance AI and ML to enable crane automation and digital twin of the site to optimize safety and productivity of the construction site (Israel)
- Urbanistic – Platform with a set of visual tools and instantaneous KPI generation resources to generate use-cases in pre-planning construction phases (Germany)
CONGRATULATIONS! The TOP12 SMART BUILDING SMART CONSTRUCTION INNOVATORS 2021 will present their breakthrough innovations at BIM World MUNICH 2021, the leading networking platform in Europe for the digitization and sustainability of the construction, real estate and infrastructure sectors.
“We are looking forward to hosting the finals of the 4th Smart Building Smart Construction Innovation World Cup® at BIM World MUNICH on 23 November and welcoming the rising young tech stars tackling the challenges of the AEC industry live on stage” stated Christian Stammel, CEO at BIM World MUNICH.
Stay tuned to find out the TOP winner who will benefit from expert consulting to scale-up their business, free marketing package, a place in the Innovation World Cup® Series Hall of Fame, and further support from BIM World´s ecosystem featuring all major key-players and experts of the industry.
Bookmark on your calendar the official 4th Smart Building Smart Construction Innovation World Cup® Pitch & Award Ceremony at BIM World MUNICH on 23 November 2021, 16:15 pm CET.
BIM World MUNICH will take place in physical format in Munich, Germany, following hygiene and infection protection concept. All participants who are tested, recovered, or vaccinated will be admitted. More info can be found here.
Behind the scenes
BIM World MUNICH
BIM World MUNICH is the leading congress for user-related solutions around building information modeling and new technologies for the construction, real estate industry and urban planning. In 2021, BIM World MUNICH will once more provide a comprehensive market insight on the latest digital methods, services and technologies – with one approach: enabling a further and sustainable growth of the AEC industry. The 5th BIM World MUNICH will take place on 23 and 24 November 2021 at the International Congress Center Munich. Current executive partners of BIM World MUNICH are Autodesk, Bau Industrie, building.SMART, Hexagon, IP500, Mittelstand 4.0 Competence Center Planning & Building and Nemetschek Group.
The Innovation World Cup® Series
The Innovation World Cup® Series is the world’s leading open innovation platform that supports breakthrough innovations to become reality and connect techpreneurs with international tech corporations. The Smart Building Smart Construction Innovation World Cup® was initiated by Navispace GmbH in 2018 and co-organized with BIM World MUNICH. A panel of industry experts selects the most promising solutions based on criteria such as level of innovation, marketability, usability and sustainability. Participation is free of charge.
Nadia Achkar| Project & Event Manager