Munich/Hanover, 19 April 2023
It was a great firework of innovations! – The finals of the 14th Innovation World Cup® took place on the Industry 4.0. Conference Stage at HANNOVER MESSE, the world’s leading fair in industrial transformation, on Wednesday, 19 April 2023, 16:00 – 18:00 CEST.
Here are the Top18 Techpreneurs 2023 who pitched their solutions live in front of the expert jury including senior representatives of STMicroelectronics, Siemens, Würth Elektronik, EBV Elektronik, HTGF, CSEM and VDMA.
- Feelit technologies, CTO Meital Segev-Bar, Israel: Non-intrusive predictive maintenance solution for industrial equipment.
- Robco, CEO & Founder Roman Hölzl, Germany: All-in-one robot solution that takes over many work steps in production.
- Sensemore, CEO & Co-Founder Çağlar Aksu, Turkey: Identification of machinery malfunctions months in advance.
- Green Tech Innovations, CEO David CHQUIRY, France: Connected solar streetlamp with energy management that provides lighting, energy and additional IoT functions.
- ClearVUE.Business, United Kingdom (also EBV Innovation Hero Finalist): ClearVUE.Zero energy solution to lower emissions and energy costs
- Wattando, Germany: Modular energy management solution
- Charging Robotics, CEO Hovav Gilan, Israel (also ST Industrial Innovation Challenge Finalist): Robotic system for high efficiency wireless charging of electric vehicles in public parking lots.
- NAiSE, Marketing and Communications Manager Olga Staka, Germany: Traffic management solution for safe and efficient intralogistics.
- Swiss Ocean Tech, Managing Director & Founder Thomas Frizlen, Switzerland: AnchorGuardia safe anchor providing predictions and triggering immediate alarms with sub-meter accuracy.
- Akidaia, CEO Gaël LEDEDANTEC, France: Offline identification system to manage and control secure access.
- Staex, CEO & Co-Founder Dr. Alexandra Mikityuk, Germany: Web 3.0 machine data infrastructure.
- Sternum, VP of business development and Sales Arthur Braunstein, Israel: Real-time self-protection and self-monitoring for device manufacturers.
EBV Innovation Hero:
- Dryad Networks GmbH, CEO Carsten Brinkschulte, Germany: Early detection of wildfires using AI-enabled IoT gas sensors utilizing a large-scale solar-powered mesh network.
- Orioma, CTO Philippe Ecrement, France: LOBX energy autonomous IoT product to manage energy, and security.
- Perinet GmbH, General Manager Dr.-Ing. Karsten Walther, Germany: Industrial IoT system for secure communications in different use case scenarios.
ST Industrial Innovation Challenge:
- Stratio, Founding CEO Jaehyung James Lee, United States: Low-cost, compact, and better performing Full HD SWIR sensors.
- Tozero, CEO & Co-Founder Sarah Fleischer, Germany: Lithium-ion battery waste management.
- Watersight, Director of Strategic Partnerships Michal Cooper, Israel: Real-time sensing device for water quality analysis and conditioned-based monitoring.
Based on the level of innovation, go-to-market approach, commercial potential and sustainability, the expert jury announced The World’s Top Techpreneurs 2023:
- Industrial: Robco
- Energy: Wattando
- Mobility: Swiss Ocean Tech
- Security: Staex
- EBV Innovation Hero powered by EBV Elektronik: Dryad Networks GmbH
- ST Industrial Innovation Challenge powered by STMicroelectronics: Tozero
“At Siemens, we strongly believe in the power of collaboration within ecosystems, and we recognize the immense potential that partnering with start-ups can bring. That’s why I’m thrilled to be a part of the grand jury in the pitch and award ceremony of the 14th Innovation World Cup®, which has provided a unique opportunity for us to connect with incredible start-ups. The pitch and award ceremony at Hannover Messe were truly eye-opening, as we were exposed to a wide range of innovative solutions and had the chance to engage with some truly inspiring techpreneurs.” – Dr. Annika Hauptvogel ,Head of Technology & Innovation Management, Siemens
The World’s Top Techpreneurs 2023 will now make imprints in the Hall of Fame of the Innovation World Cup® – the international award and catalyst for future innovations in the Internet of Things, Wearable Technologies and DeepTech. Beyond that, they will receive significant support from global leading tech experts, potential investors, and business partners to scale up further successfully.
The 15th Innovation World Cup® is already open for submissions. Participation is free of charge.
Further Information at: www.innovationworldcup.com
Behind the scenes – The Innovation World Cup® Series
The Innovation World Cup® Series is the world’s leading open innovation platform that supports breakthrough innovations to become reality and connect techpreneurs with international tech corporations. The Innovation World Cup® Series was initiated by Navispace GmbH in 2003. Current and previous partners include STMicroelectronics, EBV Elektronik, Würth Elektronik, Microtronics, VOSS Automotive, AiQ Smart Clothing, VARTA Microbattery, Google, Intel, Swisscom, Ericsson, Telefonica, Gemalto, Samsung, and many more. Participation is free of charge.
Further partners include WT | Wearable Technologies, Hannover Messe, BIM World MUNICH, CSEM, AlpICT, BioAlps Association, ACCIO, Business OULU, G2 Startups, Gate Garching, Wolves Summit, Medical Valley, UnternehmerTUM, IoTWeek, i2cat / IOT Catalan Alliance, Innovative City, Innovability, CENSIS, MEDICA, Invest in Bavaria, MIT Enterprise Forum Poland, Technoport, THINGS Stockholm, Munich Startup, InfoShare, IFJ, ITRI, INN.KUBATOR, TechBBQ, SUCCUS, Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, VJTI- Technology Business Incubator, Upgraded Life, and many more.
Mirna Curcic | Project & Event Manager